Titans are not upgraded the same way as robots:
- There are no timers: an upgrade operation is immediate. You only have to pay some Pt (Platinum) to fulfill an upgrade;
- The whole process is a bit different: instead of simply increasing a level and boosting the same characteristics, you can choose one of the three Titan’s subsystems and focus on specific aspects of your Titan.
Each Titan has six general characteristics that are grouped into three subsystems:
- Hull: Titan's durability and damage reduction;
- Core: Titan's active and passive abilities;
- Engine: Titan's speed and a second active ability.
Upgrading one of these subsystems will give your Titan a boost in one characteristic at a time (they are upgraded one after another). Each of the subsystems can be upgraded independently of each other: a player can focus on a single subsystem and only some time after get back to the rest. Alternatively, a player can upgrade a Titan gradually distributing levels across all the characteristics.
Each subsystem has a maximum level of 50, making the highest Titan level 150. The Titan's level is a sum of all subsystems' levels. That's why Titans' starting level is always three.
The price of an upgrade depends on the level of the selected subsystem and can vary across different Titans.