Freeze is a game mechanics that activates after landing a certain number of hits with a Freeze effect on a target. The number of hits depends on weapons’ accumulation rate and the number of Freeze sources a target is taking damage from. Upon reaching a required number of stacks, the target is frozen for a few seconds and:
- is slowed down by 40%;
- takes 20% more damage from all the sources.
- Upgrading weapons with a Freeze effect does not boost their effect strength. The slow down and the damage increase rates remain the same across all levels;
- Energy shields and Aegis block Freeze entirely;
- Once a stack has been applied, other Freeze weapons on your robot or any allied commander’s attack with the same effect on the target will generate an additional stack;
- A target will take even more damage when Freeze and Death Mark triggered (the bonus is additive);
- Anticontrol does not cancel the frozen state;
- When a target is frozen, its jump speed will not alter. However, a flying target will be slowed down;
- When the effect is over, the target becomes immune to the same effect for several seconds;
- The higher your accumulation rate, the faster your weapon is able to cause Freeze condition to a target.
Accumulation rate is expressed by a percentage and it shows the number of times you can trigger a Freeze condition with a full ammo unload. 100% value means it takes one full ammo to inflict Freeze. 200% — half of that.
— Status effect icon.
A robot affected by Freeze: