You can increase the power of most of the items in War Robots by upgrading them. An upgrade is an essential operation that can be launched in between battles in your hangar. With each level an item gradually becomes stronger up to the point it is completely maxed out.
Robots, equipment, and passive modules.
Robots, equipment, and passive modules require Ag (silver) to initiate an upgrade. Depending on the type of an item and its level, the time and cost of an upgrade operation can vary. If you don’t want to wait, you can always finish an upgrade operation with Au (gold). Alternatively, it’s also possible to speed it up by a portion by watching ads. Remember, if there is an upgrade operation running and you'd like to level up another item, you can do either:
- Speed up your current upgrade with Au;
- Instantly increase the level of another item with Au. Since you don't have to pay Ag to start an upgrade, this option will be more expensive:
There is also an option to enhance an item to MK2 when your item reaches 12. After you choose to enhance an item to MK2, it will be Mk2 level 1 and its power will be increased by ~2%.
Once at MK2 level 12, you can upgrade robots and weapons to the maximum tier of MK3 using Upgrade Tokens.
Pilots become more effective in battles as they get more levels and higher ranks:
- Levels boost your pilots' skills. Get XP in battles or level up your pilots with Au;
- Ranks allow them to learn a new skill. Pilots can be promoted to a higher rank with Memorium only.
Leveling up or getting a higher rank is instant and doesn't require time.
Titans require Pt (Platinum), a type of currency used specifically for Titans. Each Titan has three subsystems:
- Hull — defense and survivability;
- Core — Titan's unique features (one passive and one active ability);
- Engine — Titan's speed and one Titan's active ability.
Only one characteristic is improved on each subsystem level at a time. Upgrades are instant.
- An upgrade operation cannot be canceled.
- Active modules cannot be upgraded
- The maximum level of passive modules is 6.
- The level of an item has no influence on the way the matchmaking system works;